We are delighted to confirm details of the 2022 Head of the Dart SUP Challenge below. Please be aware there are significant changes to previous years.
• Totnes – we will not have access to the club house. Portaloos will be provided located in the car park and there are additional council run toilets 350m up the road. Please DO NOT enter the club house.
• Registration will be at the FINISH rather than the start. Paddlers will be able to drop their boards off at the start, then cars/vans at the finish before registering and either getting a lift back with a friend or via the coach.
• Post Event Social – Dartmouth Rowing Club are kindly making available their bar and club house for paddlers to relax and have a drink after the event. Further details to follow.
Paddler Information Packs
These will be sent out via email to all paddlers end of March / early April and will contain full details of the schedule, facilities, catering, parking locations as well as safety information for the day.
Pre – Registration (Friday 22nd April – 2pm until 5pm)
We will once again be holding pre-registration at Red Paddle Co HQ in Halwell Business Park. This will be Friday afternoon ONLY.
NOTE: Schedule below is subject to last minute changes.
• 08:00 – Registration opens at Dartmouth Rowing Club
• 10:15 – Coach arrives to transport paddlers from Dartmouth to Totnes
• 10:30 – Coach departs
* 11:00 – Registration closes
• 11:30 – Coach arrives (Paddlers will need to walk down Steam Quay Road to the start location, 350m)
• 12:00 – Race Briefing which all paddlers MUST attend
• 12:40 – Leisure Fleet on the water
• 12:55 – 5min warning
• 13:00 – Leisure Fleet start
• 13:30 – Naish Fleet Start
• 13:33 – 12’6 Race Start
• 13:36 – 14′ Race Women’s Start
• 13:39 – 14′ Race Men’s Start
• 13:42 – Dragon’s Start
• 16:00 – Cut off point for paddlers to finish
• 17:00 – Prize Giving